Almost 2 full years since I've last updated so quite a lot of cool things happened. The biggest thing to happen to me was experiencing the macaron for the first time. The beginning of my first obsessive love-hate and on-and-off relationship...

I know, I know. Who isn't in love with those cute, colorful, and delightfully delicate little French cookies? I'm not ashamed of being a trend-lemming.

I discovered them at a great time. Despite never baking the perfect cupcake or muffin, I was desperate for a baking project that required more dedication, technique and challenge. Ugggghh, did I get what I asked for!

After 6 months, I am on Macaron trial #21. They look and taste good, but I'm chasing the elusive soft interior texture under a delicate shell that is so unique to the macaron. I am SO close.






Comments