Robin Blue Easter Cake

After the wild success of my great baking weekend of February 2016, a month later I needed another challenge. I wanted to make another layer cake and try out a new technique of baking a cake in a half sheet and cutting out the layers. Easter and a writer's critique group provided the perfect occasion.

I'm a huge fan of Stephcookie from raspberricupcakes. She had a great robin's egg cake I used for inspiration. I saw the sugared egg nest from a tvshow and thought it would be a spectacular and easy decoration to do. I'm much faster this time around with the frosting but I'm still learning how to make the buttercream smooth and crisp.


This cake had 5 alternating layers of chocolate and white sprinkle cake. I had a nutella frosting in between and then covered with a robin blue vanilla butter cream. The speckles were the best part to do! Super fun and unfortunately messy.




Comments