Dumbledore's Lemondrop Swirl Pastries

I made these for Marylou for her birthday. She recently got the Unofficial Harry Potter Recipe Book and wanted me to choose something in there to make for her. She had chosen the Cinnamon Swirl recipe (I forget the Harry Potter-ish name it was given). I had found a Cinnamon bun recipe that used a lemon flavoring instead that I wanted to try out for a while. I figured I could make that for her and name it something awesome!


We ate nearly half before I remembered to take a (bad) picture of it. Haha. The lemon flavor was AMAZING. I definitely think I prefer that flavoring more than regular Cinnamon buns. I made the dough and sauce from scratch. It was intimidating because I am not experienced with bread making. It turned out a lot better than I thought it would. It was well worth the anxiety and early morning.

Comments